For Superbooth 2023 next week in Berlin, SoundForce is introducing 2 new Eurorack modules to complement the Juno-style range in both the full format and the compact micro format: Chorus 6 and uChorus 6.
Both modules are classic Juno-style analog BDD chorus, using the Xvive MN3009 BBDs and the same audio path as the original circuit. They can do the classic I, II and I+II modes. I+II modes are available from both the Juno 6 and Juno 60, each in mono (as the original) or stereo, giving you 4 I+II options.
The 4HP uChorus 6 offers only the basic functionality but can give you that classic chorus sound in minimal amount of space. Both modules are skiff friendly at a depth of 38mm.
The 14HP version offers also the basic modes but additional manual and external modes can take the module away from sweet and pretty sound territories right into weird and noisy soundscapes.
The manual mode gives you the opportunity to control every parameter of the chorus and gives you access to the LFO that modulates the BBD delay times. Here is what you can tweak:
– time slide pot: sets the start delay time
– rate slide pot and CV input : sets the frequency of the delay time modulation
– depth slide pot and CV input: sets the depth of modulation around the start time
– mix slide pot and CV input: sets the mix between the dry input signal and the BBD delays outputs
– LFO wave: selection of different waveforms to modulate the delay time
– range: selection of 3 different frequency ranges for the LFO (S: 30Hz to 500Hz | M: 1Hz to 100Hz | L: 0.016Hz/1min to 10Hz)
In external mode, the delay times can be modulated using an external signal through the EXT IN cv input. Plug in a CV/LFO source from your eurorack case into the EXT IN, set manually the starting delay time using the time slider and use the EXT ATT slide pot to attenuated the incoming CV signal (equivalent to setting the depth). In external mode, the depth/rate sliders and CV inputs are not active.
Both modules can take Eurorack or Line input signals and either stereo or mono inputs.
The uChorus 6 will be available in June at around 199 euros including VAT. The Chorus 6 will be available in July at around 299 euros including VAT.